Weird mouse problem

Nitrofreak

Prominent
Jun 12, 2017
Hi all,

Recently I've started noticing a strange problem with my mouse, in particular, the RMB.

In FPS games, or any game that requires the standard RMB to aim, when holding RMB it seems to act as if I was tapping it, or comparable to if a macro or turbo button were assigned to holding the button. This is a cheapish mouse that doesn't have this function, but it's the best way I can describe the problem.

Secondly, and why I find this strange, is that it only seems to happen when I'm in a multiplayer session, more commonly in one where my connection is not the best. GTA V/Online is the best example for this. In single player it is fine, happens extremely rarely, and I think it's just because I'm not holding the button firmly enough. In multiplayer, I could almost be holding the button with all my might and it still happens.

Anyone have any ideas to solve this? I've tried swapping USB ports to no avail, and I've also sellotaped a layered piece of paper over the internal part of the mouse where the top shell of the mouse makes contact with the RMB, and it still happens.

Thanks in advance.