[SOLVED] Weird no sound (for mic) issue

Jan 12, 2021
I'm looking to replace a desk mic (that has proved underpowered for things like Skype) on a Dell desktop PC. Got a Logitech H151 headset for it, and hearing sound through the headset works smoothly (e.g. hearing a YouTube video). The headset mic, though, does not pick up anything when plugged in to the PC, and there's no setting I can find that works to get it to send/record sound. If I play back a voice recording, all I get is silence. If I use the headset on a Skype call from the PC, again it's silence. The headset works fine (mic and all) on other computers or with a phone. I tried swapping out the headset for earbuds... same issue. I tried a USB sound adapter... same result as using the built-in mic port on the motherboard. If I look in the Windows 10 sound settings, most of the time it doesn't even show that it recognizes the mic as being plugged in. What else could be causing this issue?

Solution
I'm looking to replace a desk mic (that has proved underpowered for things like Skype) on a Dell desktop PC. Got a Logitech H151 headset for it, and hearing sound through the headset works smoothly (e.g. hearing a YouTube video). The headset mic, though, does not pick up anything when plugged in to the PC, and there's no setting I can find that works to get it to send/record sound. If I play back a voice recording, all I get is silence. If I use the headset on a Skype call from the PC, again it's silence. The headset works fine (mic and all) on other computers or with a phone. I tried swapping out the headset for earbuds... same issue. I tried a USB sound adapter... same result as using the built-in mic port on the...
I'm looking to replace a desk mic (that has proved underpowered for things like Skype) on a Dell desktop PC. Got a Logitech H151 headset for it, and hearing sound through the headset works smoothly (e.g. hearing a YouTube video). The headset mic, though, does not pick up anything when plugged in to the PC, and there's no setting I can find that works to get it to send/record sound. If I play back a voice recording, all I get is silence. If I use the headset on a Skype call from the PC, again it's silence. The headset works fine (mic and all) on other computers or with a phone. I tried swapping out the headset for earbuds... same issue. I tried a USB sound adapter... same result as using the built-in mic port on the motherboard. If I look in the Windows 10 sound settings, most of the time it doesn't even show that it recognizes the mic as being plugged in. What else could be causing this issue?
Is this the one ? https://www.logitech.com/en-us/products/headsets/h151-stereo-headset.981-000587.html
If yes, look at the jack, it's a combination jack with 3 rings. PC connectors have separate jacks for Microphone and sound so you need an adapter for it. Something like this https://www.delock.com/produkt/65967/merkmale.html so you can connect Mic part to Mic input jack and earphone part to Sound out in PC.

Solution