Weird Noise Coming From Laptop at Random Times

Status
Not open for further replies.

timsar456

Prominent
Mar 30, 2017
Hello
I have a Lenovo y50-70 laptop. i7 / 8 gb ram / 4 gb gpu
for some time now at random times a weird notification like noise comes from the speakers.
I managed to get a recording of it using the system Stereo Mix. (originally i had to record for half an hour waiting for the sound to play but I trim'd it out.)
listen here : https://clyp.it/5ccy2vbd
I have checked my running tasks n tskmgr and checked startup services. nothing seems. suspicious.

Solution
Hmmm. Then I would try the suggestion of checking the installed programs. It also may be part of a program, rather than a separated sound file.

Either that or save all your personal stuff to an external drive, or other device not part of the computer, and reset the computer. Personally that is a tad overboard I think, however if it is giving you problems, or irritating you that much, it may be the only other way.
Have you tried looking into "Control Panel" then click on "Sound". In the new window that loads click on the "Sounds" tab and scroll through the sounds listed. You can play them and see if any match.

If that doesn't help. you may well have to shut down all programs you have running that aren't necessary for the computer to run, then one at a time, and with a large interval of time in between, turn each back on to see which causes the sound.

timsar456

Prominent
Mar 30, 2017

yes i tried that. no luck. i also searched for all .wav files in C:\ drive. and played through all of them. (which was really annoying) but still no luck. and i tried to go through all programs as you said. but i still could hear it. i also thought it could be a virus so i updated windows defender and did a full scan. nothing was found.

timsar456

Prominent
Mar 30, 2017

also tried these. still no luck.

Hmmm. Then I would try the suggestion of checking the installed programs. It also may be part of a program, rather than a separated sound file.

Either that or save all your personal stuff to an external drive, or other device not part of the computer, and reset the computer. Personally that is a tad overboard I think, however if it is giving you problems, or irritating you that much, it may be the only other way.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.