Weird Noise Coming From My 980ti

DylanM199

Prominent
Mar 22, 2017
So ladies and gentlemen. i purchased my TX 980ti second hand from someone locally (not a friend just someone from the same county) Anyhow this means if my card is damaged then RIP DylanM199. So i noticed while streaming there was this weird noise lazer type noise coming from my PC and i narrowed it down to the GPU since i have never heard this before and i only recently got this CPU so now we know where its coming from but what is it. I searched on YouTube and it sounds so much like coil whine from a video i seen by JayTwoCents and I'm nearly sure that is the issue i am having but like i said i purchased this second hand since it was a good deal so i can't replace with from the manufacturer. Any ideas? Is this (GPU Life Threatening?) or am i good ? Since this doesn't annoy me i can withstand the noise as long as it isn't damaging my card. Let me know what you guys think i can do here. Thanks!

DylanM199

Prominent
Mar 22, 2017
That's fine then but i usually do have my FPS capped at 60. but that's only for certain games but yeah thats a load of my mind now that i know my card isn't on the verge of dying. Thank you but also i want to ask you is there a way to find out if your card is properly working as I'm seeing poor performance in some games and i don't know if thats the card or the game is not optimized very well.

DylanM199

Prominent
Mar 22, 2017

I done that but it kept doing the same thing more once ? Like it would go through the world or whatever and do it again it never gave me any score?

DylanM199

Prominent
Mar 22, 2017

DylanM199

Prominent
Mar 22, 2017

So 2028 is a good score for me ?