• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Pi Cast Episode 3 streams live on Tuesday, August 4th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Catch Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 6th at 2:00 pm ET (7:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question Weird noise coming from pc after installing gpu

Jul 3, 2020
My friend had a old gpu he had lying around and gave it to me. I currently have a dell pre build from 6 years and I haven’t upgraded it at all since I don’t play demanding game where I would need to. He gave me a msi 750 ti, it only uses on board power and online it says the minimum requirement for power is 300 w, which my psu is.

Once I installed it 5 minutes later I started to hear a weird humming noise coming from my speakers, so I plugged in a pair of earbuds to see if it would go away, but I could hear it through my ear buds as well. I thought that maybe I don’t have enough power for it so I removed it, but the noise didn’t go away. Every time I open my pc there is no noise until 2 minutes in or if I play some sort of audio.

I tried removing my psu from my system and cleaned out the dust from it, but now if I plug any sort of audio into my pc that isn’t from my speakers the audio goes away completely until I restart. I have no idea what is going on and have no idea on how to fix it. I needed this pc to last me til the end of this year, does anyone know what I can do to fix it? I’m going to system clean my pc and if that works I’ll update the post, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated thank you.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS