Question weird noise comming from the psu

Aug 12, 2019
my corsair vs350 has suddenly started making a weird noise after not using it for about a week, it sounds like the fan is rubbing against something. is there any way i could fix it? i know this power supply isnt very good but i will still need to use it for like two months, then i will buy a new psu. heres a video
View: https://youtu.be/3lIWc-hJ1As

Lutfij

Titan
To me, it looks like the rams are on the wrong slots. Outside of that, you'll be fine if you're going to be running that VS350 unit for a system without a discrete GPU. if however you're planning on running that PSU with a GTX1050Ti as stated in your previous threads(or even a Thermaltake Smart RGB) you will need to either prepare a funeral in advance or be ready with a fire extinguisher.

If you're looking at a 550W CX Grey label unit, then that's a better unit than the other two mentioned.

Where are you located and what sort of units do you have access to?

Aug 12, 2019
To me, it looks like the rams are on the wrong slots. Outside of that, you'll be fine if you're going to be running that VS350 unit for a system without a discrete GPU. if however you're planning on running that PSU with a GTX1050Ti as stated in your previous threads(or even a Thermaltake Smart RGB) you will need to either prepare a funeral in advance or be ready with a fire extinguisher.

If you're looking at a 550W CX Grey label unit, then that's a better unit than the other two mentioned.

Where are you located and what sort of units do you have access to?
Located in Latvia, ill be getting a Corsair CX450M i think, and a gtx1050 2gb not ti. Will the psu be okay with the 1050? It doesnt need external power i think.

Aug 12, 2019
if however you're planning on running that PSU with a GTX1050Ti as stated in your previous threads(or even a Thermaltake Smart RGB) you will need to either prepare a funeral in advance or be ready with a fire extinguisher.
why so? I recently bought a 1050 and it will arrive in 2 days, it doesn't need external power, should I just wait until I have a new PSU before using the pc now?

jonnyguru

Distinguished
Located in Latvia, ill be getting a Corsair CX450M i think, and a gtx1050 2gb not ti. Will the psu be okay with the 1050? It doesnt need external power i think.
If you can get the CX450 non-M, get that. It's a better PSU than the CX450M and it usually costs less. That is, if the lack of modular cables doesn't bug you (that's what the "M" stands for).

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS