[SOLVED] Weird Noise that Sometimes occurs

thunder1221sa

Prominent
Apr 17, 2017
Just today I noticed when I booted up my computer that an odd noise was coming from it, I can't tell where its coming from but I think its coming from a fan or the psu, I don't know.

The weird thing is that it sometimes it doesn't happen, and it will start on boot and continue until it shuts off. But sometimes when I turn it on the sounds never happens, it will only show up on boot and stay that way. Here's a video with the noise.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/JmzuVxwukhPdQKbs5

Any help would be appreciated

Solution
You can open the case and use a cardboard tube (like one that comes with a roll of paper towels) to focus your listening. Do not use anything metal or plastic. Rolled up sheet of paper will work but can crumple a bit easier.

Put one end of the cardboard tube to your ear and point the other end of the tube towards the various fans and drives.

Do so carefully so you do not jam the cardboard tube into something. Very much expect that the tube will amplify/focus the noise to where the source can be easily discovered.

Lutfij

Titan
That sounds like a fan is rattling. You might want to isolate the source of the noise, whether it's from the GPU, CPU, PSU or even if it's from a case fan. I have had some Corsair fans exhibit that same noise. I ditched them since they were built badly.

Ralston18

Titan
You can open the case and use a cardboard tube (like one that comes with a roll of paper towels) to focus your listening. Do not use anything metal or plastic. Rolled up sheet of paper will work but can crumple a bit easier.

Put one end of the cardboard tube to your ear and point the other end of the tube towards the various fans and drives.

Do so carefully so you do not jam the cardboard tube into something. Very much expect that the tube will amplify/focus the noise to where the source can be easily discovered.

Solution