[SOLVED] Weird noise while pc is on only happens sometimes, please help!

Solution
Very much need to find the source location.

Use a long (about 12") cardboard tube or rolled up sheet of paper to help.

Put one end of the tube to your ear and very carefully move the other end of the tube about to pinpoint the source of the noise.

As for "nudge" that could simply be something loose and vibrating. Nudging causes or stops the movement. Could just be a loose bracket, case screw, etc..

Same thought applies. Identify the source.

Ralston18

Titan
Not hearing a weird noise per se. I do hear what sounds to be a fan spinning. Or maybe a pump. Higher frequency though.

Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition?

Disk drives: make, model, capacity, how full?

Is the system showing any problems: errors, shutdowns, overheating, etc..

Try to pin point the location of the sound.

Has the case been opened for cleaning and maintenance?

I.e., remove dust and debris.

Check that all connectors, cards, RAM, and jumpers are full and firmly in place.

No loose brackets, wires dangling about, and so forth.

I also cannot hear the noise, at least not what I think you are speaking of. I have to wonder if perhaps it is heterodyne noise from two fans operating at almost the same exact speed. If it is, and if it is from a chassis fan, then perhaps you could disable one (and only one) fan on the chassis at a time and see if disabling one fan ever stops the strange noise.

Oct 14, 2021
hey everyone thanks for the reply the noise I’m talking about the loud noise you can hear, I’ll update with all info tomorrow as I’m not at home at the minute.

Oct 14, 2021
Hey everyone thanks for the reply, I’ll update you all with info if my pc spec and everything tomorrow, I appreciate the help I’m not really sure how to explain the noise but it’s the loud noise like the main noise you hear in the video, I’m stomped on what making it make such a noise it only happens now and then or if I nudge my pc.

Oct 14, 2021
My pc makes like a weird noise not sure how to explain it but ill try post a video of the sound.

View: https://youtu.be/J-7nRBN6o2Y
Not hearing a weird noise per se. I do hear what sounds to be a fan spinning. Or maybe a pump. Higher frequency though.

Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

PSU: Corsair VS550, 550 Watts, 2018, goood condition

Disk drives: kingston suv400s37240, 250GB half full.

Is the system showing any problems: errors, shutdowns, overheating, (Pc runs fine no problems at all.)

Try to pin point the location of the sound. (sounds like its coming from the psu area.)

Has the case been opened for cleaning and maintenance? clean and maintained

I.e., remove dust and debris.

Check that all connectors, cards, RAM, and jumpers are full and firmly in place.

No loose brackets, wires dangling about, and so forth.

Ralston18

Titan

Put one end of the tube to your ear and very carefully move the other end of the tube about to pinpoint the source of the noise.

As for "nudge" that could simply be something loose and vibrating. Nudging causes or stops the movement. Could just be a loose bracket, case screw, etc..

Reactions: weston98
Solution
Oct 14, 2021

Thanks for the reply I’m in turkey atm on holiday once I’m back I’ll get back to you!