Weird noises and crashes in overwatch

tomkendall

Reputable
Apr 4, 2016
Hi

My PC has been really acting up recently. My fps fluctuates between 140 and 120 when doing nothing, and it keeps doing this more and more until my game (only in overwatch this happens) crashes and starts making a weird noise until it either says: error: graphics driver not found and the GPU temp says 0 or just carries on with the weird noise until I restart. I tried replacing my old crappy PSU, but nothing happened. I don't know what to do. Any help would be appreciated - thanks :)

Note - I upgraded a pretty bad pre built system so the components that I haven't upgraded aren't great

Specs:

CPU: athlon 860k
GPU: 750 ti
Motherboard: gigabyte ga-58hm(I think)
Ram:8gb ddr3
Slow hard drive
PSU: corsair cx450m

Lutfij

Titan
1| If you've replaced your old PSU to the CX450M what was the previous unit?
2| Have you made sure your motherboard BIOS is up to date?
3| Are you on the latest driver revision for your chipset and GPU? Pertaining to the GPU, use DDU to remove your graphics drivers and reinstall using the latest drivers found off of Nvidia's support site.
4| If the issue only crops up with Overwatch, your issue can be compounded to the game/graphics drivers but if it's on every other game/load scenario's it's quite possible the PSU is to point a finger to.

* Mind clarifying the motherboard's make and model again? I can't find the board you passed on.
** It's never a good idea to even tinker with a prebuilt as any more investments are all going to be negative in returns.

tomkendall

Reputable
Apr 4, 2016
nvm, i found he issue

I upgraded my integrated amd graphics to the 750 ti, and didn't think that the integrated had any drivers (Which was obviously a mistake)

a quick run of ccleaner fixed the problem