• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Pi Cast Episode 3 streams live on Tuesday, August 4th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Catch Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 6th at 2:00 pm ET (7:00 PM BST). Click here!

Discussion Weird Noises when booting up pc

Jun 19, 2020
Hey so last night when I turned off my computer by just unplugging it since I was in a rush,it suddenly made weird noises when I boot it up the next day and one of my case fans started to spin very slow im not sure if its that or my hdd or I need to clean my pc since Ive been using it nonstop during quarantine.The sound it makes is like a hdd starting up but continous and loud,Im really worried about this.Thanks in advance

Jun 19, 2020
Well you have to check every part of your systems then. Never turn off computer by unplugging it.
I know it was my mistake :( but the solution i found was cleaning my case fan which stopped the noise but now when I try to boot it up it turns off and on witht the case and cpu fans

ASK THE COMMUNITY