Specs:

Intel Coffee Lake Core i7 9700K 8 Core 3.6Ghz 12MB LGA 1151 8 Core/ 8 Threads
ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 ATX Motherboard
HyperX Fury 16GB RAM (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200MHz CL18
EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G3 80+ Gold Full Modular Power supply
Gigabyte Geforce RTX 2080 SUPER WindForce 8G GDDR6
Crucial P1 1TB NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 Gen 3 X 4 SSD
OS - Windows 10 Home

I've had this PC about 9 months. Since day one it's had this occasional micro-stuttering problem, the cause of which I haven't been able to identify. When it happens, the PC just freezes up for about 3-5 seconds, during which the mouse becomes unresponsive and audio often slows down/stutters/becomes extremely choppy. The PC then continues to run perfectly as if nothing ever happened, with some exceptions; it will sometimes cause Discord to no longer pick up my voice activity, which is solved by leaving/rejoining the call. Recently it's been causing Spotify to skip songs as well. Neither of these programs is the cause, as I've tried uninstalling each of them and it still occurs.

When it happens, the CPU load seems to temporarily increase dramatically then return to normal within seconds. It seems to happen totally randomly, occurring both when the PC is under heavy load and when more or less idle. It happens intermittently and unpredictably, but probably roughly once every ~2 hours. Frankly, I have no idea what the problem is, so any responses are welcome!

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS