Weird Overclocking behavior

Apr 29, 2018
So i recently Overclocked my 8700k and i had some weird issue that is occuring.

For example if i Overclock it to 4.8Ghz and set the Voltage to 1.3V and test it with Prime95, Cinebench, Aida64 3D Mark, everything is stable. When i Shut Down my PC and wait for like 10 minutes and try to start it, wont boot to windows imediatly. I can either push the reset button and it boots without any issue or i wait for a long time until it boots to Windows. This occures also on other Speeds and Voltages. After that if i test it its always stable.

If i turn the overclock off it works totally fine. I don't know what the issue is because if i benchmark and stresstest the settings its completely stable.

CPU: Intel 8700k
Motherboard: MSI Godlike Gaming Z370
RAM: Trident Z RGB 16GB Gskill 3200Mhz
GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080Ti Extreme Edition
PSU: bequiet Dark Power Pro 11 750W

zhangsteven15

Prominent
Nov 2, 2017
All the stress testing programs you used were just synthetic tests, which means they do not translate to how your PC will perform in real life tasks. Many overclocked chips will do fine in synthetic tests but fail immediately in real tasks.

Apr 29, 2018
I know that, but i've never seen someone with the same issue with the overclock. It either won't boot at all or get a bluescreen after testing it. I also tried to render a video and use the PC for gaming and regular surfing nothing happends there. It's just the shutdown and restarting it after a couple of minutes. And i can't find a solution for it =(