Question Weird PC freezes caused by OBS ?

Sep 27, 2023
I've encountered weird PC freezes, that seems to be caused by OBS?! When opening browsers and switching between windows it starts to freez badly, but doesnt lock completely. When OBS streaming - Video freezez completely but audio and stream goes fine - which made me think it's a GPU / driver / obs issue.
The most weird thing that this behavior occures only after using an OBS for some time. O_O
For example, today i was all day playing, browsing, using Stable Diffusion, Photoshop and doing all kind of random stuff, including stress-testing and benchmarking (as this issue first appeared yesterday), and after that I kind of confirmed that everything is perfectly fine. Until it got completely frozen after 30 min of streaming. Restart - start OBS - freeeze right away. Restart - start any game - all runs fine. Open browser - starts freezing, but not completely as it happens with obs.
So I am confused.
Seems like starting an OBS causes some lingering issue...
The only thing that changed on when this all started happening - I've updated video drivers - amd adrenaline 23.9.3

Did anyone experience something at leat simmilar?
Any suggestions? Aside of delete and erase an OBS? Which i will probably do, but im gonna install it again anyway, so that just may not help(
I know i didn't provide an event log, currently away from PC, gonna check through and provide later if needed.

Not a temperature issue.
No weird behavior of CPU or GPU, like 100%. Both do spike a bit on freeze, but it seems like it's the follow-up, not the cause.

UPDATE: Event log shows only sudden shut downs, no other errors(

System:
cpu: r5 5600x (Stress-tested in Ryzen-Master)
ram: 2x8 3600 cl16 gskill (checked - all good and functioning)
gpu: 6900xt (Stress-tested and benchmarked - all good)
System is on an ssd: Gammax S11 (checked, its alive and no errors showing)
win 10

Cheers)

Last edited:
I tried using OBS once and it was so full of bugs that I got rid of it. Of course, that was years ago and I have to assume that it's not like that anymore (because it would be dead by now otherwise).

Maybe you should try Davinci Resolve because I've read that it works really well with Radeons.