[SOLVED] weird PC

Jan 19, 2019
hi i have a dell optiplex 980 and ive been having issues with it recently.first i had a issue with it restarting after 10-15 mins of usage.to solve this i found a spare PSU in my house and installed it but whats weird is dat when i installed it i had the lights 1 and 3 blinking along with the power button.i then pressed the diagnostic button at the back and pc booted but as soon as i stopped pressing the button the pc shut down and i had the lights blinking again.for now i glued in a small metallic cap on the diagnostic button and the pc seems to be working fine.what i want to know is could this cause harm to the pc.and if there is a way to fix the PSU to function nomally.should i just replace the PSU?

Solution
Replace the PSU.
Most of the PSU parts aren't meant to be worked on unless it's by the PSU's manufacturer, and sending it back and forth will just generate more problems with it. It isn't worth the trouble.

512-Bit

Reputable
Apr 17, 2019
Replace the PSU.
Most of the PSU parts aren't meant to be worked on unless it's by the PSU's manufacturer, and sending it back and forth will just generate more problems with it. It isn't worth the trouble.

Solution