[SOLVED] Weird ping problem after windows update

Aug 21, 2020
Hello
I live in the middle east, and for most games, we had to connect to the nearest server to our region which is west EU. I usually get a ping around 80 - 90 or 100 with a LAN connection (not wifi)
But ever since I updated my windows 10 to ver. 1909 build 18363.959 my ping went up to 140 - 150 and even higher. some time ago I found out that if I shut down my PC completely (even must turn off PSU) and turn off and disconnect my router for 1 or 2 minutes. when I start my PC again my WEU ping went down to 90.
But if something happens to my connection or I reset my router my ping goes up to 150 again and I need to do the whole process again and again. none of my friends with the same or different ISP have this problem but maybe they didn't update their windows.

is there a solution to this problem or even a less annoying process than shutting down the whole system and reset the router on a daily basis?
thank you for your time

PS: If it helps, I mostly have this problem with Ubisoft Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege

Solution
Hello fellow Siege player. What's your motherboard's NIC? Check if it has any driver updates from the manufacturer's page.

And try if you can update it to WinVer 2004. I'm running a Realtek NIC at the moment and I'm not seeing any issues. If anything, it could be the game itself.

EridanusSV

Notable
Aug 16, 2020
Hello fellow Siege player. What's your motherboard's NIC? Check if it has any driver updates from the manufacturer's page.

And try if you can update it to WinVer 2004. I'm running a Realtek NIC at the moment and I'm not seeing any issues. If anything, it could be the game itself.

Solution