Question Weird pixels in game

Andrew_2142

Commendable
Dec 29, 2016
Hi

Recently I bought a new gpu RTX 2060 Gigabyte (https://www.gigabyte.com/Graphics-Card/GV-N2060GAMINGOC-PRO-6GD-rev-20#kf ) and when I am playing a videogame, for instance, TES Skyrim, I see these weird pixels like this:

Capturess.png

Notice the red pixels? I am wondering if my GPU is defective... I already installed the lastest Nvidia gpu drivers, What could be the problem?
Also, the rtx 2060 replaced my old AMD R9 270x (2 GB gddr5) I was sure that I uninstalled any radeon drivers previos the nvidia one's

My specs:

CPU: Intel Core i5 6600K @ 3.50GHz
MBoard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. H110M-A/M.2 (LGA1151)
RAM: 16GB dual channel

Andrew_2142

Commendable
Dec 29, 2016
The gpu and the monitor are connected via display port, for the PSU, I have the TX850 Corsair
for the MSI Afterburner info, for instance, playing Skyrim, i got this info:

c3.png

Have you tried using the old video card again either in the same computer or another one. Can you try the RTX 2060 in another computer? Are you using any custom color profiles in Windows that are better suited to your monitor?

The problem could be caused by the PSU, the motherboard or more likely the graphics card is starting to fail.
The last time I saw an issue like this (not exactly the same) was when I had to RMA my 9800GTX because of overheating and defects causing graphics artifacts.

Andrew_2142

Commendable
Dec 29, 2016
Yes, I have switched my old GPU back to my PC and the problem is gone.
I don't have another computer to test the 2060
I don't use any custom color in my Windows 7 OS
What is RMA? you said RMA my 9800GTX, what does that mean

What can I do? I think the my gpu is defective....
: (

Last edited:
RMA stands for "return merchandise authorization". It basically means, go back to the card manufacturer and start the process of getting a replacement card, under warranty.

Random colorful pixels, triangles, or other artifacts is usually a GPU issue. Are you overclocking your GPU? If yes, try going back to default speeds.

I am not overclocking the GPU.
I guess I had back luck then, I'll stick with my old gpu

Thank you for all the replies.
If you are still within the return purchase time limit, return the card to where you bought it for a replacement or refund. If you can't return the card to the store, go to the manufacturers website and find the support and RMA page to start the process of getting a replacement. Keep in mind that it's better to return to the store first, because you will usually get a new card for a replacement, where as you will either get a new card or more often get a refurbished card from the manufacturer.