Question Weird power issue, no sign of power except for LED

Laufing

Honorable
Oct 3, 2016
Hello everyone! For the last couple of days, my PC was behaving really weird whenever I turned it off, the next day it wouldn't turn on. Sometimes resitting everything fixes the problem, or waiting couple of minutes and trying to power it on again also worked, but shutting it down will cause it to not turn on. Case fans, GPU fans, and PSU fan are not spinning, no sign of power, except for the small LED on the PCIE connecter located on the GPU.

Yesterday, I rebuilt everything outside the case (i used the stock cooler), I thought the case might be causing it problems, but still no power. After that I tested the processor, motherboard and PSU on a different machine, and they all worked fine. I tested my brother's processor on my motherboard and my processor on his motherboard and they both worked fine, and when I returned it to my motherboard it suddenly worked. I even tried turning it off and on again to make sure that my issue was gone and it was fine, but the next day came, and it's not working again. I'm leaning on the PSU having a problem. I also don't overclock.

My system is 8 months old and I upgraded from stock cooler last month, that was the only time that I touched my PC. I have no idea what could be causing the problem and how to fix it. Thoughts? Thanks.

I have tried:
  • resetting CMOS
  • using one ram stick
  • checking if the processor was heating up, it was
  • disconnecting fans
  • using different power cable
Specs:
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450M DS3H
RAM: 2x8GB HyperX Fury RGB 3200MHz
GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming GTX 1660 Super
SSD: Kingston SA400 240GB
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB
PSU: ASUS TUF Gaming 650W Bronze
Case: Sharkoon Slider RGB
CPU Cooler: MSI MAG Coreliquid 240R

Laufing

Honorable
Oct 3, 2016
Update: I thought it was a motherboard issue so we brought it to the store in which the PC was built, and it turned on there. They suggested that we try to plug it into a different wall socket around the house, and when we got home I immediately tried it, but it still doesn't turn on. Still no sign of power except for the LED in the GPU.

ASK THE COMMUNITY