Weird Problem, Keyboard/Mouse Lose power

goose164715

Prominent
Feb 8, 2018
Keyboard and mouse stop receiving power after a while (like a week of being on). But when i restart the pc it restores power and everything works then another week or so it happens again.

Note:
no hardware changes, updates etc. full system scan inlcluding rootkit. When keyboard and mouse turn off, pc still functions as if nothing happened. its like its rejecting the keyboard and mouse when it pleases.

also uninstalled/updated USB, reinstalled drivers for keyboard and mouse (black widow ult and Mamba: both razer products.

Anywho, i tried looking up info related to this and havent found anything like this problem and even hit up the community im part of which showed no results. First time this happened i didnt think of anything, but then it happened again, which is now a issue

Solution
No power saving options set - correct?

Do double check that the correct drivers have been downloaded via the Razer's website.

Open Event Viewer. Look for warnings and error codes just before or at the time of the power loss.

Reference to help:

http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-3128616/windows-event-viewer.html

----

You can also use Task Manager and Resource Monitor to observe your system. Open one or the other and slide the window to one side. Watch what all is happening and look for some resource or process that seems to be taking more and more for itself.

Key is to find more detail within the pattern being observed.

Ralston18

Titan
No power saving options set - correct?

Do double check that the correct drivers have been downloaded via the Razer's website.

Open Event Viewer. Look for warnings and error codes just before or at the time of the power loss.

Reference to help:

http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-3128616/windows-event-viewer.html

----

You can also use Task Manager and Resource Monitor to observe your system. Open one or the other and slide the window to one side. Watch what all is happening and look for some resource or process that seems to be taking more and more for itself.

Key is to find more detail within the pattern being observed.

Solution