[SOLVED] WEIRD PROBLEM: PC Stuck in Loading Operating System

Apr 18, 2020
Hey guys,

I recently did a new build with old parts. Running into a weird problem. When I try to boot from the hard drive (Which was pulled from my old system, win 10 installed), I get stuck at 'loading operating system' with nothing happening.

I created a bootable USB with win10 on it and when I boot through the usb my windows will load no problem and it's working fine.

I'm trying to resolve this issue by reinstalling windows 10, but every time I try I get an error saying I'm in 'Windows To Go' mode. Tried restarting the pc in a repair mode which enables me to restart but doesn't reach repair mode and just goes back into windows as per normal.

When I change bios back to loading from HDD first, I keep getting stuck at 'loading operating system'...BIOS also registers the HDD when I check it.

So definitely ruled out these problems:
  • Corrupted HDD
  • Bad SATA cables
  • BIOS not identifying HDD
  • Hard drives being plugged in etc preventing os from loading
My thoughts are to try to create a bootable DVD and try to reinstall that way???

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Solution
If your HDD with Windows 10 installed was pulled from your old system, it will not boot successfully in your new build. You will need to reinstall Windows on your new build.
How did you create the bootable USB with Windows 10? Did you download and run the Windows Media Creation Tool?
If your HDD with Windows 10 installed was pulled from your old system, it will not boot successfully in your new build. You will need to reinstall Windows on your new build.
How did you create the bootable USB with Windows 10? Did you download and run the Windows Media Creation Tool?

Solution
Apr 18, 2020

Thanks for reply, yes i downloaded iso via microsoft then loaded onto usb, lets me load windows fine through the usb. Have just burnt it to a dvd so will try that out soon