[SOLVED] Weird Problem pc won’t post

Sep 5, 2020
TLDR: PC shut off and won’t post.

A couple months ago I built a new pc. I got a gigabyte aorus mobo with a ryzen 5 1600AF with Corsair vengeance 16gb 3600 ram and a Zotac 1650 super powered by a Corsair bronze rated 600w power supply.

A few weeks later pc shut off and won’t post. I figured it was the psu and returned it for a evga 550w bronze rated. Well, a few months later the problem shows up again.

After some tests, I determined psu works, and was able to get it to post once unplugging the gpu but didn’t post again. At this I decided it must be the motherboard.

I ordered an asus tuf b450 pro and I’m back in business, or so I thought. After a quick update and look over, I boot up a game, and not 5 minutes pass and same thing happens.

I’m guessing gpu now but I don’t want to keep buying random parts. Hoping you guys can help. What are your thoughts?

a ryzen 5 1600AF with Corsair vengeance 16gb 3600 ram
Did you run the RAM at 3600mhz? If yes, even the 1600AF is new gen cpu, it may still have problem to run the 3600mhz, also make sure the MB has new BIOS version too. You should try to other speed, like 2933mhz, and make sure you clear the CMOS first. If the PC will run fine, then you try to the 3200mhz speed.

Sep 5, 2020
Did you run the RAM at 3600mhz? If yes, even the 1600AF is new gen cpu, it may still have problem to run the 3600mhz, also make sure the MB has new BIOS version too. You should try to other speed, like 2933mhz, and make sure you clear the CMOS first. If the PC will run fine, then you try to the 3200mhz speed.
I’ve been running the ram at 3200. If I can get it to post I can try to lower the speed.

edit: so I tried resetting the cmos and unfortunately pc still won’t post. Fans spins for like a half turn and just stop. Lights stay on though.

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2020
When I first got the mobo on it said it was updated in July this year. Unfortunately I can’t get it to post even removing plug and battery for 5 minutes. The fans do a half turn and just stop but the lights stay on.

Try to clear the CMOS by the jumper, then if you can boot the PC, then boot into the BIOS, check the RAM speed.

For now forget about the BIOS, even the BIOS update, because if your PC will not run stable, during the BIOS update, if the PC shut down, you will get problem, that will cause brick your MB.

Sep 5, 2020
Try to clear the CMOS by the jumper, then if you can boot the PC, then boot into the BIOS, check the RAM speed.

For now forget about the BIOS, even the BIOS update, because if your PC will not run stable, during the BIOS update, if the PC shut down, you will get problem, that will cause brick your MB.

Unfortunately I can’t seem to get it to turn on even with resetting cmos. I made a quick video of me switching it on. Not sure what my options are at this point.

https://streamable.com/rizlkc

I appreciate you taking the time to help.