Question Weird problem related to mouse sensitivity?

Lineater

Commendable
Mar 15, 2017
I just built a new machine this weekend and I am having a problem that has me completely stumped. Whenever I'm playing a game, higher mouse sensitivities cause really bad jitter and stutter when I move the mouse around. At very low sensitivities, mouse movement feels pretty smooth, but once i start turning up sensitivity, the jitter/stutter kicks in. At mid-range sensitivities, the issue is more noticeable with smaller/slower mouse movements. At high/max sensitivities the stuttering is REALLY bad. No issues when i move/strafe around with WASD keyboard movement.

The mouse works fine in windows, and even seems fine in the in-game menus. I've tried two different mice. It's not a DPI or polling rate problem. I've tried turning V-sync on/off, capping the frame rate. I've updated all the drivers I can think of (nvidia drivers, AMD chipset/system drivers, flashed the BIOS w/ latest update). Windows enhance pointer precision is off.

I'm having the same issue in Destiny 2 and Outer Worlds. I haven't played PC in years so I can't know for sure, but it's almost like the sensitivity is too fast. For example, in Destiny 2 if I use 800dpi and 10/100 in-game sens, I only have to move the mouse a few inches to do a full 360 turn. Not sure if that's normal?

This issue has been very demoralizing since it makes FPS games practically unplayable. Any ideas?

Specs:
AMD Ryzen 7 2700x
MSI x470 pro carbon mobo
EVGA RTX 2080 FTW
Crucial Ballistix 16gb RAM (dual channel)
850w Corsair PSU
Samsung 860 Evo 1 TB SSD
Mouse: Logitech g403/Logitech g502
Monitor: Dell S2719DGF Gaming Monitor (connected via hdmi 2.0 port)

Lutfij

Titan
Corsair is the brand of the PSU while 850 is the wattage. It does not tell us which series the unit comes from. What sort of a surface are you working with for your mouse? Often times when you turn up sensitivity, the sensor picks up movements that you thought weren't there.

For example sometimes my Logitech G9x would phantomly move across the screen if I left the mouse on a dusty patch on my mouse pad or if the pad had a small indentation. Then is the matter about LGS being weird at times, needing me to uninstall and reinstall the app(and then settle on one that didn't give me headaches).

Lineater

Commendable
Mar 15, 2017
thank you for replying! It turns out i was creating an issue where there really wasn’t one. I just had a completely mischaracterized understanding of PC game sensitivities (been on console too long). What I was considering a “really low” sensitivity was actually higher than what a lot of players use.

Basically I was causing the stutter by cranking sens up wayyy too high (and then even higher) while keeping DPI pretty low. Crisis averted.