Weird Problem When Playing Games

insanekiller1

Reputable
Aug 25, 2015
I have this weird problem with my GPU. I don't quite remember when it started, but it's usually not flashing like this and not that problematic. But when this happens, obviously it's unplayable (see video). Is anyone else getting this problem? After some time, it will just go away. This happens in all games.

https://streamable.com/wer2t

I tried using DDU in safe mode and reinstalling my drivers, but the issue still remained. The EVGA GPU is an RMA one that is only a few months old.

Windows 10 64-bit Build 1803
Ryzen 7 1700 @ Stock
MSI B350M Gaming Pro
EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 SC
2x G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB 2666Mhz

Solution
Looks like I may have found a fix.

I went into safe mode again to use DDU. This time I chose to Clean and Shutdown in DDU and reseat my GPU. Once I came back into Windows and reinstalled the drivers. It looks like my issue was fixed. I'm not sure if it was me reseating the GPU again or a new driver update came out, but it looks like it is fixed now.

insanekiller1

Reputable
Aug 25, 2015

My motherboard does not have onboard graphics. It has ports for APUs but not in my case since I have a 1st Gen Ryzen CPU

insanekiller1

Reputable
Aug 25, 2015
Looks like I may have found a fix.

I went into safe mode again to use DDU. This time I chose to Clean and Shutdown in DDU and reseat my GPU. Once I came back into Windows and reinstalled the drivers. It looks like my issue was fixed. I'm not sure if it was me reseating the GPU again or a new driver update came out, but it looks like it is fixed now.

Solution