[SOLVED] Weird Problem with Liquid Cooler fan making a sound it's not supposed to.

Jun 19, 2021
My Liquid cooler is MSI MAG CoreLiquid 240R ARGB.

So I figured out the source of a high pitched noise, it's coming from one of my Cooler fans.
But see, I also Figured how to stop it... Problem is only temporarily..
This may sound very weird. But if I place my finger in the middle of the fan while it's on, in the area with the logo, and barely touch it and give it a very slight push upwards and I really mean barely touch it, The weird sound just stops.
I figure this has something to do with vibration, but I really can't figure out a way to stop it permanently and was hoping someone could help me out.
Maybe the fan is a bit too lose ? I have no idea. The other fan is also just fine.

Solution
Oh yeah I though about it, but they seem they are in properly so I never really tried tightening them, I will try it out. thanks.

Oh and also, the PC is brand new, and on the first days I din't notice the PC case came with a magnet Filter for the top of the case so There might have been stuff falling to the Cooler radiator, like Cat hair and other small particules, not sure if that can cause noise.

Because If I remember correctly the PC was dead silent on the first days, then started making a bit more noise, and stuff like this started happening.

Dust is less likely, and it's a brand new PC. You'd need years and years worth of dust to really clog up the fan motor. Hair and fur might, but I don't think a few days of exposure...

iPeekYou

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2014
My Liquid cooler is MSI MAG CoreLiquid 240R ARGB.

So I figured out the source of a high pitched noise, it's coming from one of my Cooler fans.
But see, I also Figured how to stop it... Problem is only temporarily..
This may sound very weird. But if I place my finger in the middle of the fan while it's on, in the area with the logo, and barely touch it and give it a very slight push upwards and I really mean barely touch it, The weird sound just stops.
I figure this has something to do with vibration, but I really can't figure out a way to stop it permanently and was hoping someone could help me out.
Maybe the fan is a bit too lose ? I have no idea. The other fan is also just fine.

Sounds like a bad bearing in a fan. Not too bad that it wobbles much, just enough to throw the blades off balance.

If it's loose, you can try by seeing whether the screws are in properly. Just yesterday I forgot to tighten a screw on one of my AIO fans and it makes a slight noise, but that screw was visibly loose.

Jun 19, 2021
Sounds like a bad bearing in a fan. Not too bad that it wobbles much, just enough to throw the blades off balance.

If it's loose, you can try by seeing whether the screws are in properly. Just yesterday I forgot to tighten a screw on one of my AIO fans and it makes a slight noise, but that screw was visibly loose.
Oh yeah I though about it, but they seem they are in properly so I never really tried tightening them, I will try it out. thanks.

Oh and also, the PC is brand new, and on the first days I din't notice the PC case came with a magnet Filter for the top of the case so There might have been stuff falling to the Cooler radiator, like Cat hair and other small particules, not sure if that can cause noise.

Because If I remember correctly the PC was dead silent on the first days, then started making a bit more noise, and stuff like this started happening.

iPeekYou

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2014

Dust is less likely, and it's a brand new PC. You'd need years and years worth of dust to really clog up the fan motor. Hair and fur might, but I don't think a few days of exposure would cause that.

Double check whether the fan blades are lightly touching something or not, I personally doubt a fan can make noise just in a few days but DOA or premature failure is always possible.

Solution
Jun 19, 2021
Dust is less likely, and it's a brand new PC. You'd need years and years worth of dust to really clog up the fan motor. Hair and fur might, but I don't think a few days of exposure would cause that.

Double check whether the fan blades are lightly touching something or not, I personally doubt a fan can make noise just in a few days but DOA or premature failure is always possible.
Yeah, I checked it right away, and they are not, only the right fan is the problem by the way, Is there a chance it's too lose ? Like, if I sightly push it upwards the weird noise stops.

iPeekYou

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2014
Yeah, I checked it right away, and they are not, only the right fan is the problem by the way, Is there a chance it's too lose ? Like, if I sightly push it upwards the weird noise stops.

Yeah, I see no harm in tightening the screws just a tad to make sure. AIO rads are made of soft metal (aluminium), so screw in tight within reason.