Weird problem with Media Player & videos

jorjo

Prominent
BANNED
Apr 2, 2018
Hello,

I have a real weird problem. When i connect my phone on my pc and i run a video from inside the phone (DCIM folder) via Microsoft Media Player it plays fine. If i copy this video and place it in my desktop and try to play it from there i have only sound. If i use VLC it plays fines. Only with Media Player i have this issue.

Also, this happens only for videos with resolution with UHD (3840x2160) and QHD (2560x1440). Videos which had recorded with 1920x1080 play fines from both directories.

*My PC runs WIN7/64bit

Sorry for my English and i hope that you will help me find a solution!

Lutfij

Titan
I think you're having trouble with the codec necessary for playing the files. Have you made sure your GPU drivers are up to date? You can try and uninstall and then reinstall them. Make sure your BIOS on your motherboard is also up to date.

On second thoughts, might want to share your full system's specs. List them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

jorjo

Prominent
BANNED
Apr 2, 2018

Hey and thank you for your reply.

I think if something of what you say happens, it wouldn't play the video and from the mobile phone. If i play the video while it is in DCIM folder is ok. If i drag it to my deskop, i have only sound. Also, i believe that something happens with resolution but i can't understand because also the high resolutions play fines inside mobile.

TRENDING THREADS