[SOLVED] Weird problem with my PC

mehdisouak

Commendable
Aug 14, 2018
Hi guys , i have an HP 6300 MT and i'm having a weird problem the PC boots and works only in Horizontal Position if i try to put it back vertically while it's running , it freezes instantly and won't boot back even the bios doesn't shows up unless i put back horizontally, now i had this issue way back and i kept using the PC in horizontal position until one day i put back vertically and it works without changing anything but today this issue is back and i want to fix it permanently and i hope you can help me.
My specs :
I5 3470 , 16Gb ram, Palit GTX 1050 Ti ,320W PSU, Windows 10 Pro 64Bit
Big thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Solution
A few things that come to my mind are:
The pciE slot. Your 1050 Ti may be held a bit loose onto the slot. Does it happen if you remove the GPU and use integrated graphics?

The ram sticks. Similar problem to the pciE slot, some ram stick(s) might be sitting a bit loose. Remove them and put back, making sure they are sitting stable onto the ram slots afterwards.

Something else sitting loose. A lot of things can be, even a ridicilous thing such as the cpu fan being loose onto the cpu. The bios jumper, if having such... Possibly cables being loose, some case/motherboard-fan interfering... You may need to tighten some things.

Some bar, plate or such may be a reason for insufficient/improper contact somewhere. When I sold one of my GPUs...
The pciE slot. Your 1050 Ti may be held a bit loose onto the slot. Does it happen if you remove the GPU and use integrated graphics?

The ram sticks. Similar problem to the pciE slot, some ram stick(s) might be sitting a bit loose. Remove them and put back, making sure they are sitting stable onto the ram slots afterwards.

Something else sitting loose. A lot of things can be, even a ridicilous thing such as the cpu fan being loose onto the cpu. The bios jumper, if having such... Possibly cables being loose, some case/motherboard-fan interfering... You may need to tighten some things.

Some bar, plate or such may be a reason for insufficient/improper contact somewhere. When I sold one of my GPUs half an year ago, the guy's PC was with an old PC case and I instructed him to prefer using the GPU without its plate, cuz it was worsening the contact with the motherboard a bit. The plate could be used, but after some rework (sandpaper, clippers, hacksaw...). The GPU plate can be removed for sure in your GTX 1050 Ti.

What brand and model is this thing?

Isn't it kinda acceptable if horizontally, though? I use my PC horizontally for more than an year and I feel pretty well & happy with it this way, it also easier whenever I have to customize something with my hardware. It does require a bit bigger space on the desk/floor/etc, though.

Solution

mehdisouak

Commendable
Aug 14, 2018

Some bar, plate or such may be a reason for insufficient/improper contact somewhere. When I sold one of my GPUs half an year ago, the guy's PC was with an old PC case and I instructed him to prefer using the GPU without its plate, cuz it was worsening the contact with the motherboard a bit. The plate could be used, but after some rework (sandpaper, clippers, hacksaw...). The GPU plate can be removed for sure in your GTX 1050 Ti.

What brand and model is this thing?

Isn't it kinda acceptable if horizontally, though? I use my PC horizontally for more than an year and I feel pretty well & happy with it this way, it also easier whenever I have to customize something with my hardware. It does require a bit bigger space on the desk/floor/etc, though.
Vertically even the bios doesn't shows up the pc just turns on and stay like that no beeps nothing so it's the CPU , motherboard or something else
I checked everything nothing is loose , i don't think it's the PSU because this problem happened to me with my old PSU and i bought this new one 2 weeks ago
same thing with the rams it happens to me with my old rams and now the new ones.
unfortanalty i can't use integrated graphics for some reason , since the first time i bought this PC(4 years ago) integrated graphics doesn't work if i plug in VGA cable i can hear the PC sound but nothing on the display. so it might be the GPU i'll use the integrated and see if i can hear the PC sound.
i'll check my CPU tomorrow and see if that's fix the problem,
Thanks for your respond
Edit: i tried to turn on the PC without GPU same problem , but when i plug in the GPU and i put it vertically it works fine , so may be it's the GPU or the Slot ,i'll clean the slot and see if this problem happens again.

Last edited: