weird problem with windows 10, spamming ''''''''''''''''

Oct 27, 2018
I have a problem with my computer:(
randomly it starts typing this letter ' and keeps on spamming it like this '''''''''''''''''''''''''''
goes on for about 5 to 10minutes, i thought it was my keyboard, so i bought a new keyboard. and then it was fine for a couple of days, and now it started typing '''''''''''''' again, so i tried unplugging the keyboard and it was still typing '''''''''' even with the keyboard unplugged
need help asap before i [watch your language] smash this shit pc

check the keyboard vendor to see if their are firmware updates to your keyboard.
some keyboards have special macro software. disable them to see if the problem still happens.

some keyboard can get in a weird state, try and hit both left and right control keys and see if the problem stops.

make sure the keyboard is on a usb 2.x port some usb 3 ports will have to have custom driver updates that people do not install.

make sure you do not put your keyboard on a special apple charging port. these have special usb filter drivers that are pretty bad.

Oct 27, 2018
im pretty sure it dosnt have anything to do with the keyboard as i have bought a new keyboard because it happened with the old one. tried reinstalling windows, all disks formatted. flashed bios to the newest firmware, tried disabling the key that is being spammed in razer synapse and corsair icue software on the new keyboard. still happens, nothing works. even spamms the letters when the keyboard is unplugged

Oct 27, 2018
<***BLEEEEP***> im * stupid, i think i found the problem, i went into the steelseries engine, and i had rebinded the dpi toggle button to '''''''''''''
and that button broke like 6 months ago so i didnt think much of it
that must be the problem

<Language, please>