[SOLVED] Weird Proprietary Internal USB Header | Gigabyte Z690 Extreme

Apr 4, 2022
Hi, I bought an Arorus Z690 Extreme motherboard and have accidentally broken the F_USB1 (USB 2.0/1.1 Header) cable. This appears to be a Gigabyte only cable that I cannot find online, or at any UK retailers (see picture attached). Could anyone please confirm where I could buy this from, or how I could directly purchase this from Gigabyte ASAP as I need this for an important build, and this does not appear to be a universal cable?

USBheader.png

Solution
have accidentally broken the F_USB1 (USB 2.0/1.1 Header) cable. This appears to be a Gigabyte only cable that I cannot find online
usually you can find links to any available accessories either through the motherboard manual or it's manufacturer product support page(s).
but i've had similar issues with other manufacturer's accessory products not being available, even through their online stores.

if this proprietary USB splitter isn't offered through Gigabyte directly and not available on Amazon or eBay
you may just be out of luck.

start a support ticket through gigabyte and hopefully they will either offer to send a replacement or connect you to a direct buy option.

it's possible you could find a USB 3.2 > 2.0 adapter, but...
have accidentally broken the F_USB1 (USB 2.0/1.1 Header) cable. This appears to be a Gigabyte only cable that I cannot find online
usually you can find links to any available accessories either through the motherboard manual or it's manufacturer product support page(s).
but i've had similar issues with other manufacturer's accessory products not being available, even through their online stores.

if this proprietary USB splitter isn't offered through Gigabyte directly and not available on Amazon or eBay
you may just be out of luck.

start a support ticket through gigabyte and hopefully they will either offer to send a replacement or connect you to a direct buy option.

it's possible you could find a USB 3.2 > 2.0 adapter, but i'd hate to give up any 3.2 headers.
worse case scenario; return the board or file for RMA and just be more careful with the new cable.

Solution

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Hi, I bought an Arorus Z690 Extreme motherboard and have accidentally broken the F_USB1 (USB 2.0/1.1 Header) cable. This appears to be a Gigabyte only cable that I cannot find online, or at any UK retailers (see picture attached). Could anyone please confirm where I could buy this from, or how I could directly purchase this from Gigabyte ASAP as I need this for an important build, and this does not appear to be a universal cable?

USBheader.png
Do you even need USB 2.0 for your build from the description that is just a extension cable.

Show a couple of pictures of one of the double end connectors.

On the motherboard side it's a standard connector.
https://forum.videohelp.com/images/guides/p1826452/usbmb.jpg

Last edited:
the '1in1' cable in the image actually does appear to be standard on both ends.
just a standard splitter.
i would guess the 'optional USB bracket' statement is only regarding it is available if you need a second header.

so unless the OP actually needs a second 2.0 header, there should be no issue here really.

i'd like to see the actual header on the board.
13-145-352-V06.jpg