Question Weird PSU issue

Apr 20, 2020
Hi, yet another troubleshooting post from me!

I seem to encounter quite a lot of weird stuff with my builds sadly. My last problem is a PSU related one.

The PC parts in question are:
Enermax Platimax 1350W

Custom Cablemod cables

ASUS Maximus IX Extreme

i5 7600K

and MSI Z170A MPower Gaming Titanium (with another i5 7600K)

So last night I was filling my loop and leak-testing. First as a sanity check, I tried turning on my PC, after I connected everything (before filling) and I have a habbit of trying it two times. First time I only heard a little crack in the power supply and nothing. Second time I tried, it worked normaly, not issues. Everything lit up, got some post codes on the MB, so all good. I turned the PC off quickly and began filling the loop. For that I unplugged the 24 pin connector from the motherboard and turned the PSU on manually, connecting pins.

After filling the loop and fixing some small leaks I turned PC on, got into the bios without any issues, so I called it a day and went to sleep.

Today I can't turn my PC on no matter what.

I can turn on the power supply and everything connected to it with connecting the pins on the 24pin, but when I try it from motherboard, nothing happens. No fan spin, nothing. Just a small crack in the PSU (not the something is shorting kind of crack, but more like a milder version of PSU swithing on kind of crack).

I tried a different motherboard that I have in my GFs system, that I know for a fact it works. -> Same issue

I even unplugged everyting from the PSU and connected just the 24pin and 8pin, stock enermax cables, not the cablemod ones. Same issue.

Has anyone seen this kind of issue? I really want any help I can get.

Thanks,

Bleach out.

Apr 20, 2020
So after 4 hours, some meddling in BIOS, couple restarts (soft ones, PSU never fully turned off) and full instalation of Windows I turned the PC off.

And the problem came right back. Can't turn the PC on. Once it's on, all is good. No stability issues, no dead rails, nothing. All works like clockwork. But the problem is very simple. the impulse that turns the PC on. the PSU has a problem with that.

Seems like I'll have to cut it open and do a closer inspection...