Question Weird purple flickering in games running in less than the native resolution.

Jul 11, 2021
My Dell-Precision M4800 laptop spent a couple of hours in a car parked in the sunshine in the summer which caused the GPU temperature to show as 0 in some apps(not in GPU-Z tho).
Recently I've noticed the screen starts to flicker with purple lines and sometimes games like Valorant crash citing running out of video memory while loading textures.
The flickering appears mostly when I'm running a game in lower resolution than native(1080p) and goes away if I set the resolution back to 1080p or change it enough times.
But this flickering does not get recorded in screenshots, suggesting it has something to do with the screen itself?
What is happening?
Someone suggested I replace the thermal pads/paste on the CPU and GPU saying they got fried when the laptop spent the time in the heat.

View: https://imgur.com/gallery/oAsZIdS

Jul 11, 2021
Update: I uninstalled and reinstalled drivers for the GPU and integrated graphics card, when I uninstalled the intelHD4600 driver the resolution changed ofc, and as soon as I reinstalled the driver found on the Dell website for the laptop, the screen started flickering again.