Weird Radeon 8570m behavior

dangthe

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
Hey guys,

I have e very quick question. My brother bought a Lenovo G500 laptop which has Intel HD4000 combined with Radeon 8570M and he is facing a weird issue:

He plays a game that uses the Radeon and when he turns the game off, the computer freezes for a while and then reports an error that the AMD card has no driver installed and if you check Device Manager, the card isn't listed there. He isn't a tech savvy and he is currently in a different country so I cannot check the laptop myself, but also I don't have any idea what might be causing this issue.

The first thing that came to mind was the temperature of the card because he told me that the fans get very loud prior to the issue. But then again, if the temperature crosses a threshold the laptop will simply restart to prevent overheating. So I'm guessing it's either bad power management or a crappy video driver. Any suggestions?

By the way, does anyone know the operating temperatures of the 8570M? Cannot seem to find info anywhere.

p.s. the laptop is working on Win 8.1 64-bit

Cheers!

HatefulxxDesign

Honorable
Sep 30, 2013
Please make sure that his drivers are up to date/the correct ones. The fans kicking on high gives me the idea that it might be either overheating, or something is off with the drivers. Just my 2 cents. =P