Question Weird RAM slot???

Sep 29, 2021
Hey guys, I just opened up my laptop and got something really weird. My laptop says it has two RAM slots, but from what I see, there is one 4 gb stick of ram, held to the motherboard with a clip (or whatever you call it), and the other slot is just empty. The second slot doesn't even have clips to hold the RAM in place. My laptop says it has 4 gb ram in task manager though. Someone please help me... I want to add more RAM

kanewolf

Titan
Hey guys, I just opened up my laptop and got something really weird. My laptop says it has two RAM slots, but from what I see, there is one 4 gb stick of ram, held to the motherboard with a clip (or whatever you call it), and the other slot is just empty. The second slot doesn't even have clips to hold the RAM in place. My laptop says it has 4 gb ram in task manager though. Someone please help me... I want to add more RAM
You are going to need to link some pictures. Here is how -- https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/how-to-post-images-in-tomshardware-guide.1845556/

Sep 29, 2021
NOKOTION-laptop-motherboard-For-Acer-ASPIRE-E5-411-E5-411G-Mainboard-DA0ZQMMB6H0-NBMLQ11009-NBMLQ110096-with-processor.jpg_Q90.jpg_.webp