Question Weird robotic noise when using headphone mic

SalamanderScamander

Commendable
Apr 4, 2017
I'm hoping I can get some help here.. I've got the Razer Kraken Pro V2. When I use my front I/O I get this weird noise from the mic. It does not pick up anything I am saying. If I use the ports on the motherboard it treats my headphones as speakers and I can't hear 90% of what is on my pc. It normally comes out of my monitor speakers.

I am using the included splitter but have also tried a second pair of earphones, a new splitter and now I've just swapped out the i/o for a new one and still it does this. The only way I've made it remotely work is with multiple splitters so the mic goes in the back and the headphone at the front. This causes interference so it sounds like there is constant buzzing.

Anyone got any ideas? :(

View: https://www.soundcloud.com/robyn-allen-563972533/recording/s-JFeeE

^ you need to click view, my link doesn't work properly otherwise. But that is all anyone can hear when I use it

Lutfij

Titan
Mind sharing the make and model of your motherboard(or your discrete sound card)? Are you on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard? You might want to uninstall and reinstall your audio drivers and see if that helps. I'd ask you to ideally connect it to the rear of your system or have the rear I/O panel facing you for ease of connectivity.

SalamanderScamander

Commendable
Apr 4, 2017
Mind sharing the make and model of your motherboard(or your discrete sound card)? Are you on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard? You might want to uninstall and reinstall your audio drivers and see if that helps. I'd ask you to ideally connect it to the rear of your system or have the rear I/O panel facing you for ease of connectivity.

Asus ROG STRIX Z270G motherboard.
Downloaded and installed latest bios and audio drivers, now the noise is gone but my mic doesn't get picked up.. Or it does but no audio is being found from it.
It just says "Realtek High Defintion Audio" , when moving it to the back i/o that does seem to work okay now though. Is there a reason it doesn't work on the front?