Apr 8, 2021
I bought an second hand RX 570 8GB for very good price, but the guy who sold me that said, that under heavy load the gpu crashes, so i was like easy fix, just underclock it and i am good, BUT the GPU crashes only in games, not in benchmarks, stress tests, or mining. I tried underclock it, or change bios, but when i change bios, it every time shows error 43, even if i patch the bios with some tool, when i flash the original bios back, its not showing any error, but how i said it crashes in games. Bios is also weird, cause the clock is 1150 and 2050mhz, im using XFX RX 570 8GB XXX edition. Can you help pls?

srry for my english

Solution
What PSU are you using to power that GPU? Age of said PSU? I'm very certain that the VBIOS is corrupt, you might want to see if you can replace the VBIOS chip with one that's been reflashed with the right VBIOS version. FYI, a card that's been used for mining9which it very likely has for being sold cheap to you) is beyond any possible repair or fix.

Lutfij

Titan
What PSU are you using to power that GPU? Age of said PSU? I'm very certain that the VBIOS is corrupt, you might want to see if you can replace the VBIOS chip with one that's been reflashed with the right VBIOS version. FYI, a card that's been used for mining9which it very likely has for being sold cheap to you) is beyond any possible repair or fix.

Solution

Sadly I agree. If it was a used mining card, chances are it's FUBAR as miners tend to dump cards as they start to show signs of failure.

Have you tried repasting the card? What are the temps looking like right before crash? Have you tried underclocking the ram?

This may also help:

Solved: Error 43 with RX 480 graphics card - I feel like I... - AMD Community