[SOLVED] Weird Ryzen 5 3600 issue

Feb 13, 2020
Guys please help me out. There's something magical I really can't explain here.

My friend has Ryzen 5 3600 and Gigabyte B450 Aorus M. He is having BSODs.

We have the same processor but I have Asrock Steel Legend B450M.

I have tried his processor on my mobo and I got no BSODs. Same as when I tried my processor on his mobo.

Could you kindly explain what's happening here? Thanks!

Solution
What are complete system specs...including memory, GPU, PSU cooling.

Since it's a BSOD it could be almost anything including a corrupt Windows installation. First place to start is finding out if both motherboards are updated to latest BIOS' and running latest AMD chipset drivers.
Guys please help me out. There's something magical I really can't explain here.

My friend has Ryzen 5 3600 and Gigabyte B450 Aorus M. He is having BSODs.

We have the same processor but I have Asrock Steel Legend B450M.

I have tried his processor on my mobo and I got no BSODs. Same as when I tried my processor on his mobo.

Could you kindly explain what's happening here? Thanks!

What RAM is he using? Usually BSOD issues on Ryzen are related to ram timings and so on.

Mister_Meeseeks

Reputable
Jan 8, 2016
I am experiencing this exact same issue right now with this same CPU and motherboard. Here is what is happening to me:

1 - Upgraded from 2700x to 3600 - I updated BIOS to the latest 2.9 BIOS as well (as this CPU is Matisse and my 2700x is Pinnacle and was on BIOS 2.5 as per the AsRock website for BIOS support). No other hardware changes - RAM is motherboard compatible and was working perfectly fine before, and also is recognized in BIOS

2 - I am able to get into BIOS and everything is there, but as soon as I try to get to windows it gets stuck at the loading screen and continuously spins, never making it to the Windows screen.

3 - I was able to get to windows ONE time - everything was working fine and then I noticed that MSI Afterburner wasn't able to give me CPU temps, but I could get CPU load and usage? So I restarted the computer and now I am back to the spinning and cannot get to Windows again.

4 - It is not detecting my Razer wireless keyboard/mouse because I cannot hit F2 to get into BIOS, but if I plug in my secondary keyboard/mouse that are wired I can use them just fine.

Currently, it is sitting and spinning, I have tried going into BIOS to see if anything doesn't show up correctly but it is all there and even shows CPU temps in the BIOS screen as well (they are good)

Possible bent pin maybe? Any ideas?
** EDIT **
No bent pins, I took the CPU back out and inspected everything - all is good

Last edited: