[SOLVED] Weird screen flashing when a lot of brightness on screen

pieland

Reputable
Mar 3, 2017
Hi I have a problem with my screen where if I’m say playing a game and there’s a lot of bright effects my monitor will just start flashing a bright white and grey screen and I can’t see anything, I can replicate the problem if I have a windowed browser and then I drag it out to take up more of the screen. Is there anything that I might beable to adjust that would fix the problem? I have a short video as an example but I don’t know how to post it

upload the video e.g. to imgur or similar and post the link

Check the video cable from GPU to monitor, eventually replace it
Which cable is it? HDMI, DP, VGA, DVI?

Which monitor are you using? Can you try a different monitor or TV?

Did you install the latest driver for your GPU?

pieland

Reputable
Mar 3, 2017
upload the video e.g. to imgur or similar and post the link

Check the video cable from GPU to monitor, eventually replace it
Which cable is it? HDMI, DP, VGA, DVI?

Which monitor are you using? Can you try a different monitor or TV?

Did you install the latest driver for your GPU?

View: https://imgur.com/a/dYabFsv

, I think this should work - very much what happens. I have updated the drivers, it is connected by dvi, i tried hdmi once but could never get video - it has been happening for as long as I can remember - I have a model k272hl Acer monitor that I got around 4 years ago - probably last 2 years this issue has happened in and off

pieland

Reputable
Mar 3, 2017
then it´s the monitor for sure
Yeah fair enough, I think it might be just too old to keep up. Do you think theres any settings I might change that could fix it besides buying a new monitor? so annoying when im halfway through a game and all of a sudden i cant use my computer lol