Question Weird shadow artifacts in game

Jan 20, 2020
I've never experienced this problem before. Im not sure if it is my new monitor because I've never noticed this before until now. I seem to be getting some weird grainy artifacts in games in certain areas. Not sure what would cause this or what it is but it is very annoying. If anyone has any idea how to resolve this it would be much appreciated. Thank you.
View: https://imgur.com/a/5lwMu57

Remeca

Reputable
I've seen this before in other games, on shadows and on semi transparent objects. Super Mario Odyssey has it, Witcher 3 off the top of my head. I forgot what it's called, but it is some kind of performance shortcut some engines use when rendering some shadow details and semi or variable transparent objects. It isn't anything wrong with your game or PC.

Jan 20, 2020
I've seen this before in other games, on shadows and on semi transparent objects. Super Mario Odyssey has it, Witcher 3 off the top of my head. I forgot what it's called, but it is some kind of performance shortcut some engines use when rendering some shadow details and semi or variable transparent objects. It isn't anything wrong with your game or PC.
Ok good to know I've noticed it on the witcher 3 as well. Im playing dayz at the moment and havent noticed it so that must be what it is. Thank you!

Reactions: Remeca

TRENDING THREADS