[SOLVED] Weird Shutdown problem.

Sep 30, 2020
My PC used to work fine a couple of days ago but now it has problems shutting down.
When I click the shutdown option threw the windows 10 UI nothing happens and the pc shuts down 45 seconds later (Not an exact estimate) then the windows shutting down circle thingy appears and the display turns off. Although the display is off the pc still has power.
After a couple of seconds, the mouse and keyboard turn off and then the tower.
The PC is pretty new and this issue is pretty weird since I don't think I changed anything regarding the Pc if anybody knows how I can solve this issue please reply thank you.

Something I want to add is that during the 45 second period the PC works fine like I never even pressed the shutdown option. Restarting does seem to be affected.

Solution
My PC used to work fine a couple of days ago but now it has problems shutting down.
When I click the shutdown option threw the windows 10 UI nothing happens and the pc shuts down 45 seconds later (Not an exact estimate) then the windows shutting down circle thingy appears and the display turns off. Although the display is off the pc still has power.
The PC is pretty new and this issue is pretty weird since I don't think I changed anything regarding the Pc if anybody knows how I can solve this issue please reply thank you.

Something I want to add is that during the 45 second period the PC works fine like I never even pressed the shutdown option...

Something I want to add is that during the 45 second period the PC works fine like I never even pressed the shutdown option. Restarting does seem to be affected.
Run this line
%windir%\System32\shutdown.exe -s -f -t 00
and see what happens.

Reactions: Yiannis123
Solution
Sep 30, 2020
Run this line
%windir%\System32\shutdown.exe -s -f -t 00
and see what happens.
That fixes the issue it's insane from about 2 minutes the shutdown time went to 3 seconds. The problem is I have to use the cmd prompt to shutdown. Edit: Turning the following command into a bat seems like the way to go.

Last edited:
That fixes the issue it's insane from about 2 minutes the shutdown time went to 3 seconds. The problem is I have to use the cmd prompt to shutdown. Edit: Turning the following command into a bat seems like the way to go.
That just proves that something was changed In shutdown settings, probably to Hibernate. You can also use that line as target to make a desktop icon.
You can also go to Control Panel> Power Options > Choose what power buttons do.

Sep 30, 2020
That just proves that something was changed In shutdown settings, probably to Hibernate. You can also use that line as target to make a desktop icon.
You can also go to Control Panel> Power Options > Choose what power buttons do.

Settings seem to be fine shutdown is set to shutdown.

Sep 30, 2020
it seems that in background some another task is running and you shut down forcefully. Please check the usage of CPU before shutting down.
What's the % of CPU usage that could cause an issue. The only thing that is running during shutdown is Discord excluding background processes.
The CPU would be around 10% worst-case scenario.