Question Weird sizzling sounds from one of the ports on the side of my laptop

LillyCookie

Reputable
May 10, 2015
Hello everyone, since a few days my laptop has been emitting a sizzling sound whenever the Battle.net Launcher / World of Warcraft is open. I haven't tried it with any other games, but programs like Firefox, Unity, Maya and Steam seem to work without any issue. It doesn't decrease my performance, but the longer I let the affected program run, the louder the noise gets. I'm really at a loss at what to do, and what could be done about it. I've read on USB-C type connectors sizzling when something is plugged in, but I also tried plugging everything off and the same sizzling happens.

The ports on the side the sizzling happens are the power cord, LAN, HDMI, 2 USB ports and a USB-C port.

My Laptop is an Acer Aspire Nitro VN7-592G with a 4K screen, running the pre-installed Windows 10. (CPU: Intel Core i7 6700HQ @ 2.60GHz with Intel HD Graphics 530, GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 960M, Storage: 238GB Hitachi SSD, 931GB Toshiba SATA, 238GB WD external SSD connected via USB-C)

I've been monitoring the temps also, and my Motherboard seems to get very hot (as does the CPU), even with a cooling pad underneath my Laptop. (over 80°C) I've also updated all the drivers.

I hope anyone has an idea what might cause this. Thank you in advance!