Question Weird sound from Graphics Card

leapingliger

Prominent
Feb 18, 2018
I have a EVGA 1080Ti Black Edition, and for a while now it’s been making this weird noise. I thought it was hitting a cable or something inside the computer, but even if the fans are not running on the gpu, and the gpu is not anywhere near any components it makes this noise. I would appreciate any input.

https://youtu.be/8w4zSrSnMos

erik62905

Prominent
Jan 17, 2018
Well if you're sure it's not the fans or coil whine from load then I suppose it could be a capacitor. Has it always had this issue or is it relatively new? If it's a new issue then I would RMA to EVGA.

leapingliger

Prominent
Feb 18, 2018
Well if you're sure it's not the fans or coil whine from load then I suppose it could be a capacitor. Has it always had this issue or is it relatively new? If it's a new issue then I would RMA to EVGA.
It has always had this issue. I'm sure that the fans aren't hitting anything. I can definitely still RMA to EVGA if this is an issue, but the issue has been there since I've had it.

erik62905

Prominent
Jan 17, 2018
It has always had this issue. I'm sure that the fans aren't hitting anything. I can definitely still RMA to EVGA if this is an issue, but the issue has been there since I've had it.
Yeah I’d RMA if you’ve always had the isssue. It could get worse and whatever’s causing it has a chance of breaking the card.

ASK THE COMMUNITY