[SOLVED] Weird sound from PC, is it normal?

Solution
IDK man. I've seen a few drives that were passing S.M.A.R.T testing but were clearly crashing the heads and had to be replaced.

And now that I listen to it again knowing that noise is the one you are talking about, I'd start immediately looking for somewhere to back up any important data on that drive to, if it's not already backed up somewhere which it SHOULD BE AT ALL TIMES, and look at replacing the drive or starting an RMA if it's under warranty still. No drive I've ever owned or worked on has ever made noises like that and not had a problem. It's not a normal noise unless the actual sound is badly deformed by the recording. Sounds to me like potentially a head crash.
Like utensils rubbing each other?

Only fans and HD make noise, and that sound like the HD.

HD will fail, is just matter of when, so as long as your s.m.a.r.t. monitor says OK, u maintaining backups for your critical data, and HD don't suddenly go 100% usage (busy) constantly... don't worry about it.

IDK man. I've seen a few drives that were passing S.M.A.R.T testing but were clearly crashing the heads and had to be replaced.

And now that I listen to it again knowing that noise is the one you are talking about, I'd start immediately looking for somewhere to back up any important data on that drive to, if it's not already backed up somewhere which it SHOULD BE AT ALL TIMES, and look at replacing the drive or starting an RMA if it's under warranty still. No drive I've ever owned or worked on has ever made noises like that and not had a problem. It's not a normal noise unless the actual sound is badly deformed by the recording. Sounds to me like potentially a head crash.

Solution