[SOLVED] Weird sound issue

jinchuriki

Commendable
Sep 9, 2018
Hey, I started having a weird sound issue for the past week. I'm having my headphones connected to the front aux ports, and my speakers connected to the rear aux port, been using this configuration for about 2 years now with no issues, I simply had to switch between them whenever I wanted to use any of them.

Last week suddenly the speakers device disappeared from the playback devices list, it wasn't disconnected, just disappeared. After some messing around, I've noticed that when I disconnect my headphones, the speakers appear, but when I connect the headphones the speakers disappear, I used system restore and it went back to work just fine, both of them were working.

2 days later, turned my PC, same thing, I tried reinstalling some drivers, etc, it worked at first, but after I'd restart my PC it would disappear again.
Current state is, I simply do system restore every 2 days as I couldn't find any permanent solution.

The 2 solutions I can see are either:
  1. After it happens, simply fix it somehow(drivers, whatever it could be)
  2. After a system restore when it's all working fine, simply understand the cause and prevent it from happening(I have no idea what that could be..)
My PC specs:
ASRock x570 phantom gaming 4
Ryzen 7 2700x
Windows 10 Pro Version 2004 (19041.1110)
(anything else that's related?)

I can see that there was a system update KB4023057, and I suspect that this is the cause of this issue, as I've seen some results about this, but couldn't find something that's related to my specific issue, and I can't actually verify this is the cause.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Solution
Hey, I started having a weird sound issue for the past week. I'm having my headphones connected to the front aux ports, and my speakers connected to the rear aux port, been using this configuration for about 2 years now with no issues, I simply had to switch between them whenever I wanted to use any of them.

Last week suddenly the speakers device disappeared from the playback devices list, it wasn't disconnected, just disappeared. After some messing around, I've noticed that when I disconnect my headphones, the speakers appear, but when I connect the headphones the speakers disappear, I used system restore and it went back to work just fine, both of them were working.

2 days later, turned my PC, same thing, I tried reinstalling...

2 days later, turned my PC, same thing, I tried reinstalling some drivers, etc, it worked at first, but after I'd restart my PC it would disappear again.
Current state is, I simply do system restore every 2 days as I couldn't find any permanent solution.

The 2 solutions I can see are either:
  1. After it happens, simply fix it somehow(drivers, whatever it could be)
  2. After a system restore when it's all working fine, simply understand the cause and prevent it from happening(I have no idea what that could be..)
My PC specs:
ASRock x570 phantom gaming 4
Ryzen 7 2700x
Windows 10 Pro Version 2004 (19041.1110)
(anything else that's related?)

I can see that there was a system update KB4023057, and I suspect that this is the cause of this issue, as I've seen some results about this, but couldn't find something that's related to my specific issue, and I can't actually verify this is the cause.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Yes it is update and it is soo freaking annoying I have tried writing complaint after complaint after complaint about it to be fully ignore not even a thank you for your suggestion but we have more reviews of people saying they prefer it this way or anything just a straight middle finger to everyone who would like to see this feature atleast made optional

Solution

jinchuriki

Commendable
Sep 9, 2018
Yes it is update and it is soo freaking annoying I have tried writing complaint after complaint after complaint about it to be fully ignore not even a thank you for your suggestion but we have more reviews of people saying they prefer it this way or anything just a straight middle finger to everyone who would like to see this feature atleast made optional

So there is no solution whatsoever? Like is it by design now? Or it's a bug?
This is freaking annoying, I use both my headphones and speakers, and simply switch the default sound device whenever I need. That's so stupid :\

So there is no solution whatsoever? Like is it by design now? Or it's a bug?
This is freaking annoying, I use both my headphones and speakers, and simply switch the default sound device whenever I need. That's so stupid :\
It is like this by design from my understanding. And there are a few fixes that are third party I would not know of any because I don't like have several apps two do one thing I just live with it now.