[SOLVED] Weird square on top of my games

Hero_146

Honorable
Apr 11, 2016
Hello all, I have an issue that recently cropped up on almost all games where there is a tiny black square on my screen. Its under my mouse but above most apps I use on that monitor.
a2d6cce4b054021d50612184c6fdd602.png

I wasn't sure where to post this as I'm not even sure what's causing it.

System Specs are:
Ryzen 5 3600
GTX 3060ti
MSI B550 Gaming Plus
1tb M.2
240gb SSD boot drive
3tb HDD

Solution
That happened to an old computer of mine. It didn't have a separate video card so it shared memory with the main system. It was determined that the problem was caused by corrupted memory. In my case, it was a software issue where a certain app was not flushing memory correctly. Since you have a graphics card, the issue is obviously different. But I still think that it may be a memory issue on your graphics card. Maybe you can re-install the drivers?
Jul 14, 2021
That happened to an old computer of mine. It didn't have a separate video card so it shared memory with the main system. It was determined that the problem was caused by corrupted memory. In my case, it was a software issue where a certain app was not flushing memory correctly. Since you have a graphics card, the issue is obviously different. But I still think that it may be a memory issue on your graphics card. Maybe you can re-install the drivers?

Last edited:
Solution

TRENDING THREADS