Weird SSD issue (double OS)

PhoenixBennu

Honorable
Dec 7, 2013
Ok. So, I am a little confused here. My wife has a laptop that we have had for about a year now. It was not new when she got it but it was fairly new. Its a nice laptop and has served her well.
Inside it has a 1tb HDD. She has used this just fine.
Recently, she asked me to clean out her fans. I opened up the back panel and was going to clean out her fans ,but I also noticed she has a 256gb ssd in there. (Hynix SC300 m.2.). We never knew about this. It did not show up in windows, but it showed as a second boot option after windows booth manager for UEFI. However, when i changed to boot off of it, it could not.

I installed RST and was then able to see the drive in windows. It was labelled as "OS" and seemed to have a windows install on it, with no users. Only the default and the public user.

I removed the card and booted her system and it booted just like normal. Which tells me that her OS is not loading off the SSD. In RST it is not listed as a cache drive or anything of the sort.

I am trying to figure out why there would be an ssd with what seemed to be a windows install on it.

Anyone have any thoughts?

PhoenixBennu

Honorable
Dec 7, 2013
Guess this issue was too confusing for many, not just for me , lol. Im thinking I am going to reset the SSD and try to use it for specific game storage for my wife. She loved fallout and would be nice to cut down load times.