Question Weird stutters and underperforming on my new pc

HmmmCZ

Commendable
Sep 24, 2021
Hello,
I recently bought a new pc (specs listed down bellow) and i've been experiencing underperforming in games.
By underperforming I mean lower fps than I should get, latency spikes, fps drops, but mainly unsmooth and delayed game when more things are happening in the actual game.
I feel like it happens mainly in CPU heavy games
Also, for some reason I sometimes get a bluescreen with this error: unexpected kernel mode trap after a restart, don't know if it has something to do with underperforming but I feel like I should also mention it in case it helps to troubleshoot my problem.
I've tried literally everything I could think of/found on some forums or tutorials: EXM tweaks on youtube, Khorvietech videos
Things I've tried:
  • overclocking
  • ddu and nvidia cleanstall driver
  • optimized with multiple tools and tutorials
  • factory reset
  • windows reinstall
  • debloating
  • optimizing windows settings and nvidia settings
  • xmp
  • correct bios settings
  • pluged DP into GPU
  • updating drivers
  • Windows 10 and 11
  • The last solution I can think of is installing fresh Windows 11, but before that I want to hear your guy opinions.
My temps are okay, gpu and cpu usage is not high since I do not play any intensive or hardware demanding games.
I know I forgot to mention something important in this post so if you're willing to help me, ask more things and I'll answer them :)
Could someone experienced please help me solve this issue? Thank you for reading this post.
specs:
CPU: Ryzen 7 3800XT
CPU cooler: don't know but temps aren't high
Motherboard: TUF GAMING B450-PLUS II
Ram: 32,0GB Dual-Channel DDR4 3600MHz (don't have a link)
SSD/HDD: 119GB TS128GMTS430S (SATA (SSD), 1907GB Lexar SSD NM620 2TB (SSD)
GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 2080Ti GAMING X TRIO 11G
Chassis: (some random one but good airflow)
PSU: 550w (don't have link)
I don't know if any of these parts were previously used, but when I tried doing the UserBenchmark, all of the parts were performing above expectations
specs

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

Just an FYI, your specy listing is missing out on some information.

Windows 10 and 11
Where did you source the installer for your OS? You should install one OS in offline mode.

optimized with multiple tools and tutorials
Please elaborate on this, with links if possible.

TUF GAMING B450-PLUS II
+
2x 16gb RAM 3600 MHz
Are you running at DDR4-3200MHz? Use CPU-Z to see what sort of latencies you're seeing. Got a link to your ram kit(s)?

HmmmCZ

Commendable
Sep 24, 2021
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

Just an FYI, your specy listing is missing out on some information.

Windows 10 and 11
Where did you source the installer for your OS? You should install one OS in offline mode.

optimized with multiple tools and tutorials
Please elaborate on this, with links if possible.

TUF GAMING B450-PLUS II
+
2x 16gb RAM 3600 MHz
Are you running at DDR4-3200MHz? Use CPU-Z to see what sort of latencies you're seeing. Got a link to your ram kit(s)?
Hi, I just updated what I could on the post. Is it better now?