[SOLVED] Weird Stutters

I_Claw

Reputable
Apr 22, 2019
So i bought this pc last week and i just started noticing today some weird stutters when playing fortnite and even pubg. So im getting good frames and all but then all of a sudden my game freezes for quarter of a second maybe even less and then it goes back to normal and i dont know what could be the cause.
Specs : GTX 1660 ti driver version 430.64
ryzen 5 2400g
16gb ballistix sport ram ddr4 clocked @3000mhz
thermaltake 500w psu
thermaltake commander ms-II chasis
windows 10 pro 64bit

I dont see any kind of stutters when playing fifa 19 but when i try fortnite there is stutters and even in pubg which i never noticed till today.I checked task manager to see if there are any programs consuming from my pc and i couldnt find anything.

Thanks in advance

Solution
i tried going back to an old gpu driver and it didnt work and now i set my power plan to high performance and im still receiving stutters any help guys?
In case that you didn't solve this. I had the same problem, I fixed it by updating my windows to the last version and the gpu driver reinstallation. Make sure that your ssd doesn't have any health problems or bad sectors.

I_Claw

Reputable
Apr 22, 2019
hey guys i retested some stuff with msi afterburner in fortnite and actually it turns out my gpu usage is like 40 to 65% and cpu 45% to 75%. this gpu usage never appeared to me while playing fortnite my fps is 140 to 220 most of the times its in the 170-190 frames and i have a 60hz monitor what could possibly be the problem?

I_Claw

Reputable
Apr 22, 2019
stick with 1 thread
I recently noticed stutters and i think these are due to my bad cpu and gpu usage and i dont think its a bottleneck
Specs : zotac amp GTX 1660 ti driver version 430.64
ryzen 5 2400g
16gb ballistix sport ram ddr4 clocked @3000mhz
gigabyte b450m mobo bios version F1
thermaltake 500w psu (it comes with the chasis i dont know the exact model sorry)
thermaltake commander ms-II chasis
windows 10 pro 64bit version 1803
LG monitor 1080p 60hz

I tried gta and my cpu and gpu were reaching 80 to 90% and sometimes 60 to 70%
but for fortnite it has low cpu/gpu usage

grand theft auto v at the highest settings with msaa off on 1080p:

View: https://imgur.com/rzwrUxt

Fortnite lowest settings just textures and view distance are epic 1080p:
View: https://imgur.com/cdHsyBX

Im sorry i cant record videos of benchmarks because my internet isnt good to upload videos so these are the pictures that i can get for now any help is appreciated!

Jul 28, 2019
i tried going back to an old gpu driver and it didnt work and now i set my power plan to high performance and im still receiving stutters any help guys?
In case that you didn't solve this. I had the same problem, I fixed it by updating my windows to the last version and the gpu driver reinstallation. Make sure that your ssd doesn't have any health problems or bad sectors.

Solution