Weird "System Interrupts" high CPU usage after installing new PSU

Eirreann

Reputable
Oct 19, 2014
So, late last week my old PSU failed rather gloriously on me, so I picked up a new one yesterday and installed it last night. For the most part, everything has gone beautifully, which has been an immense relief after my scare last week.

However, late last night before I powered off for the evening, I encountered a weird issue. My whole computer started lagging really noticeably, and when I checked the Task Manager, it looks like the process called "System Interrupts" is using 45+% of my CPU.

Since turning off my PC last night, "System Interrupts" has not taken up as much CPU as it did then, however it has remained in the list of processes in the Task Manager, averaging between 0.4-1.8% CPU usage. No longer a big deal, admittedly, but I'm wary by nature.

Could anyone help me figure out what is causing this process to show up? I had never seen it before when my old, dead PSU was in use.

P.S. Please let me know if this topic would be better received in a different forum. Wasn't sure if I should post this in "Windows 10" or "Systems" :p

Thanks in advance!

Solution
PSU has nothing to do with system interrupts as a PSU does not talk to the cpu.

system interrupts are a hardware to software thing. have you installed anything else new.

for example this guy http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1850312/system-interrupts-high-cpu-usage.html
found out that his network card was causing the issue. but it could be the video card or any other device like that in your system. you could also try rolling back your computer a week or two. mabe a software update is causing the higher issue. (driver to hardware communication)
PSU has nothing to do with system interrupts as a PSU does not talk to the cpu.

system interrupts are a hardware to software thing. have you installed anything else new.

for example this guy http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1850312/system-interrupts-high-cpu-usage.html
found out that his network card was causing the issue. but it could be the video card or any other device like that in your system. you could also try rolling back your computer a week or two. mabe a software update is causing the higher issue. (driver to hardware communication)

Solution