Question Weird tempertures

SeanOtter

Prominent
May 6, 2022
Hi everyone,

I've been gaming for well over a year on this 4/5-year-old laptop. I've already cleaned it a couple of months back. Now, everything is working completely fine I can play the games I like and have no problems, except for a reoccurring one. This problem occurred a while back: it was my cpu reaching 99 degrees. I never had this issue, I played my games on 60/70 degrees, and from one day to the other, this happened when starting up, it was completely random. After like 2 or 3 days the problem just randomly disappeared and now it has come back. 1 hour ago I was playing the games completely fine, but starting the laptop up just now my fans were as loud as they could, and only starting up the game my cpu had already reached 99 degrees. It is a really weird problem and I can't seem to find the cause for this as it is so random.
If anyone knows anything, or has had similar problems and can help me out, please do!

Edition: Windows 10 Home
Version: 21H1
Installation date: 11-11-2020
Build of the operating system: 19043.1645
Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4170.0

BIOS version?: L77 Ver. 01.43

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Please state the make and model of your laptop. If possible, please parse the SKU to said laptop. BIOS version for said laptop?

If you're on Windows 10, please state the version(not edition) of the OS, and use Task manager to see what your CPU usages are. If you're seeing usages of your resources, regardless of CPU, memory or disk, then it's memory leak, if you're on Windows 8, 8.1 or 10.

SeanOtter

Prominent
May 6, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Please state the make and model of your laptop. If possible, please parse the SKU to said laptop. BIOS version for said laptop?

If you're on Windows 10, please state the version(not edition) of the OS, and use Task manager to see what your CPU usages are. If you're seeing usages of your resources, regardless of CPU, memory or disk, then it's memory leak, if you're on Windows 8, 8.1 or 10.
Hi and thanks for your response,

I've edited my first message, but I am having a hard time with some of the asked details: ''please parse the SKU to said laptop'', I don't really have a clue what this means as well as: '' If you're seeing usages of your resources, regardless of CPU, memory or disk, then it's memory leak, if you're on Windows 8, 8.1 or 10. ''

Lutfij

Titan
We're on version 21H2 for the OS, so you have an update pending.

Well, can you parse the make and model of the laptop? Looking at your BIOS version...are you on an HP laptop? If so, there should be a sticker under said laptop with info such as model.

SeanOtter

Prominent
May 6, 2022
I found the update and I am updating it right now. Sorry I don't understand the word parse and cant find a fitting definition and the sticker is not there.

SeanOtter

Prominent
May 6, 2022

Well, can you parse the make and model of the laptop? Looking at your BIOS version...are you on an HP laptop? If so, there should be a sticker under said laptop with info such as model.
How do I insert a link of a screenshot so you can see what I have found?

systemmodel: HP ProBook 650 G1
Systemtype: x64-based PC
System-SKU: D9S33AV
BIOS version: Hewlett-Packard L77 Ver, 01.43
SMBIOS version (no clue what this is): 2.7

Last edited:

SeanOtter

Prominent
May 6, 2022

Found the asked specification and put them in the message above. Now I found out when opening task manager I have like 60 background programs. Is this normal? Also 90 windows-processes. Is this normal?

Found the asked specification and put them in the message above. Now I found out when opening task manager I have like 60 background programs. Is this normal? Also 90 windows-processes. Is this normal?

those numbers are pretty normal;

right now I have 54 background and 80 windows.

You can rank each column by clicking at the top of it.

What do you see at the top of CPU and memory columns when you rank them? Anything with a high percentage?

SeanOtter

Prominent
May 6, 2022
those numbers are pretty normal;

right now I have 54 background and 80 windows.

You can rank each column by clicking at the top of it.

What do you see at the top of CPU and memory columns when you rank them? Anything with a high percentage?
The high percentage one would be the game I play. But I doubt it has anything to do with the high temperatures as it is always this high.

It's just a weird random problem, which sometimes happens and then just disappears for months, then comes back. it's really weird and I've been looking for an answer for so long. Because normally I play the exact same game at 60/70 degrees and now it randomly out of nowhere spikes up to 99 only when starting up....

SeanOtter

Prominent
May 6, 2022
Hello all,

I just play some games as well as do schoolwork with my laptop. Everything was completely fine, I played the games at 60/70 degrees on the CPU and with schoolwork, the CPU didn't pass 60 degrees. Now all of a sudden when starting up my laptop, the fan was extremely loud, it has always been quiet since the CPU never reached a high temperature, and the CPU reached 99 degrees only starting up the game I wanted to play + I had an extremely high lack of quality on the games I play. This happened completely randomly and nothing happened beforehand. Now, this issue randomly disappeared after 3 days, and everything went back to normal. A couple of months pass and this exact same issue occurs: starting up with loud as heck fans and CPU immediately reaching 99 degrees. I have no clue what this is and I really want to fix it as I am unable to game normally and I can't use this laptop for classwork in class if the fan is this loud.

Edition: Windows 10 Home
Version: 21H2
Installation date: 11-11-2020
Build of the operating system: 19043.1645
Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4170.0

BIOS version: Hewlett-Packard L77 Ver, 01.43
Systemmodel: HP ProBook 650 G1
Systemtype: x64-based PC
System-SKU: D9S33AV
SMBIOS version (no clue what this is, but might be necessary): 2.7

Edit: My GPU has been completely normal all this time also when the CPU was doing these weird things.