Oct 14, 2021
my friends laptop has a weird issue with his usb port that when i plug a mouse, the rgb mouse lits but dont move in the screen. It also happens when i plug a stick, the stick lits but windows dont recognize there is something in the port BUT if i put a stick with windows.iso sometimes appears normally

That made me think that the USB port cant be the problem but i tried everything, and nothing seems to work so far

The notebook is a Samsung r430 and i already updated the bios to 8.0 before was 7.0

Solution
What OS are you working with? If Windows 10., please mention the version(not edition) of the OS. Did you install all relevant drivers for your laptop? Often times they can get corrupt or missing. If on Windows OS environment, please install all drivers in an elevated command after you've downloaded them from the laptop maker's support site(not a third party app). When installing, install in an elevated command, like so, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Lutfij

Titan
What OS are you working with? If Windows 10., please mention the version(not edition) of the OS. Did you install all relevant drivers for your laptop? Often times they can get corrupt or missing. If on Windows OS environment, please install all drivers in an elevated command after you've downloaded them from the laptop maker's support site(not a third party app). When installing, install in an elevated command, like so, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Solution
Oct 14, 2021
Im on windows7 version (?) From the manufacturer i installed the chipset driver, BIOS update, all hotfixes and wlan for wireless connection (Which is terrible) i also tried to uninstall all USB drivers (including hidden ones) from the device manager and restarted the machine. Still nothing happens.

Two things i think its important
Im testing a mouse, 1 stick with w7 image and one stick with w10 image, only 2 ports works of 3
1- I turn on the computer with both sticks connected, windows recognize only the w7 stick and i can access the files (both ports) BUT if i remove the stici and try to connect again i'll never see the files again
2- In bios the same happens, i can see the w7 boot stick but i cant see the w10 stick

i'll try to install the drivers as a admin see if works