Weird video issue.

drakesparda

Honorable
Jun 21, 2013
Hello there!

I am having a really weird issue with an HP Vista laptop and was hoping for some input on this since I cannot figure it out.

So basically what happens in certain circumstances when a video, gif or just moving picture of some sort is on the screen and a menu is open over it (right-click, start menu, etc) the image distorts. What I mean by distort is that it goes black and white and shifts to the left. Lines appear the picture horizontally.

I have already updated to the newest video drivers available. It happens on both the laptop monitor and an external monitor. New codecs did nothing as well. All hardware tests come back no failure. I want to try an external video card via usb but don't have access to one at the moment.

Now this machine had its mobo replaced several times for unrelated reasons so my thoughts were that it was something funky with the video card, but I cannot get any evidence to support this other than not knowing what else it could be.

Device details:
HP Pavilion dv9910us
nVidia GeForce 7150m

If you need more info let me know. Thanks.

Sounds like a video card issue, only thing you can try is to install a clean version of Windows on it.

Hopefully you did not spend a lot replacing the motherboards, often it's cheaper or at least better to just get a new laptop, or a used one with no issues. New motherboard + labor is probably $200 or so.

TRENDING THREADS