[SOLVED] Weird white dots on portions of laptop monitor

May 12, 2021
View: https://imgur.com/gallery/P2b2s4n

I have had the lenovo legion 5 for about 2 months, but a week ago I noticed that portions of the monitor, which is an IPS panel, had these white dots that showed up on lighter colors that created a terrible looking grid effect. Darker colors like blacks and grays seemed to cover them up. I also noticed that certain portions of the monitor were not affected and some portions were more affected than others. I'm guessing this is a structural issue or defect, but I'm wondering if there is anything I should try before sending it back or getting it repaired.

Solution
No there is nothing you can do yourself about this, it's actually "normal" for quite a few IPS screens, I have two monitors that have that, oddly enough only when run at higher than 60hz. At 60hz this effect is not noticeable nearly as much.
No there is nothing you can do yourself about this, it's actually "normal" for quite a few IPS screens, I have two monitors that have that, oddly enough only when run at higher than 60hz. At 60hz this effect is not noticeable nearly as much.

Solution